Since the launch of mini-programs by Wechat, more and more players are entering the market. Now, there are over 1 million WeChat mini-programs with 200 million daily active users (DAU). MPs become a very important battlefield for brands in China and marketers should know about how to use it properly.
Not familiar with WeChat mini-programs? We will give you two decks and one spreadsheet that help you understand MPs.
- Deck 1: WeChat Mini-Programs: You Don’t Need an App for China (or do you?)
- Deck 2: Analytics for WeChat Mini-Programs
- Spreadsheet: Tagging plan spreadsheet template
Deck 1: WeChat Mini-Programs: You Don’t Need an App for China (or do you?)
No of pages: 43
Highlights of the deck:
- WeChat mini-programs overview and what are they?
- Where mini-programs excel? 3 use cases
- O2O contextual interactions
- Complete replacement of long tail applications
- Complement/entry point to “heavy applications”
- Cases: Qunar, McDonald’s, Xiaomi Home, Meitu
- Mini-programs’ limitations to consider
- Mini-programs: a traffic dead end?
- Design best practices
- Map of WeChat Mini-program ecosystem
- Alibaba, Baidu, Toutiao are jumping on the MP train
- Key takeaways
Deck 2: Analytics for WeChat Mini-Program
No of pages: 54
Highlights of the deck:
- Introduction to WeChat mini-programs
- Overall mini-program strategy
- 1 main central hub or many focused mini-programs?
- Map of main mini-program entry points
- Mini-program performance tracking
- Examples: KFC, SJGrand Calculator
- How to build your mini-program performance tracking dashboards
- Tagging plan: principles and implementation
- Can we still use Google Analytics to track WeChat mini-programs?
- Mini-program analytics ecosystem
- Comparison of 11 mini-program analytics tools
- Comparison of 5 major solutions: mobile tencent analytics, talkingdata, baidu tongji mobile, aladdin, and hotapp.
File 3 Spreadsheet: Tagging plan spreadsheet template
We provide services to identify, search and recommend reports related to business, marketing, digital, social media and e-commerce available in China. The above fee is paid for the service that we provide for report searching and recommendation, but not the report purchase fee. Please note that the copyright of the deck belongs to the author and publisher. You can also choose to get the deck from the publisher directly.
Understanding WeChat Mini-Programs in China (97 pages, English)
SMQ China provides go-to-market consulting services to help brands enter the Chinese market. Meanwhile, we continue to tailor comprehensive reports to provide you with a overview of the competition and consumers that can help you assess your sales potential and brand readiness before entering China.
If you need additional reports not included in the list, we also provide services to help you search existing Chinese reports, translate and compile them into useful English deck. Please contact us for further information.