With E-commerce on the Rise in China, Branding Matters More Than Ever.
The whitepaper draws upon data from China’s Ecommerce platforms to provide insights, tools and strategies for brands to effectively engage online consumers.
Mastering the ever-changing Ecommerce market is a key challenge for brands in China today. Analysts estimate that a total of 10 million online stores will sell over 1 billion products with a transaction value of more than 1 trillion dollars this year. In many categories consumers must choose from thousands of SKU’s and brands, with the ability to compare prices in real time. Standing out and being able to differentiate in a sustainable way will determine a brand’s success for the long term.
The whitepaper identifies key groups of online consumers based on shopping behavior and motivations, presenting strategies to both win over and, more importantly, retain them, a crucial factor in a notoriously fickle market where the cost of customer engagement is rising all the time. It also addresses key misconceptions behind common approaches to Ecommerce marketing strategy, such as how the deep discounting often practiced by FMCG brands misses the savviest online brand performers who are looking not only at the top line revenue growth, but also the bottom line value to be gleaned from the Ecommerce market.
Table of Content：
- Ecommerce is everyone ’s growth channel
- Making brands matter on Ecommerce requires modern approach
- Brand power equals sustainability on Ecommerce
- 3 actions to make brands matter on Commerce
- Action 1: leverage marketplace beyond media
- The marketplace controls all data
- Marketplace collaboration should go beyond media investment
- Action 2: craft Ecommerce experience with understanding of marketplace algorithm
- Know your customers, but also know the algorithm
- Focus on the customer journey - every 3 minutes
- Craft Ecommerce-centric customer experience
- Action 3: think beyond conventional Ecommerce channels
- Mature brands should explore their own brand Ecommerce stores
- FMCG brands can leverage emerging channels to innovate
- Consumers are buying into curated content and social Ecommerce
- Emerging channels
No of pages: 28 （Chinese）+28 （English）
We provide services to identify, search and recommend reports related to business, marketing, digital, social media and e-commerce available in China. The above fee is paid for the service that we provide for report searching and recommendation, but not the report purchase fee. Please note that the copyright of the deck belongs to the author and publisher. You can also choose to get the deck from the publisher directly.